A MEMORABLE AND MAGNIFICENT WILDERNESS EXPERIENCE AT SJOA RAFTING CENTER AND VARHAUGEN GÅRD
In addition to emphasizing strict safety routines, here you will also find various useful information that will help you prepare in order to make the best out of your stay at Sjoa Rafting Center and Varphaugen Gård.
This section is meant as a “planning helper” for a stay at Sjoa Rafting Center. It will give some tips and ideas for preparing and packing your bags and bringing the most important items. Arriving well prepared is a good start to a great experience.
For overnight stay:
- Our lavvos have wooden floors, mattresses and an open fire place.
- Bring sleeping bags, sheets, warm clothes, torch or head lamp.
- Mosquito repellent is a wise thing to bring.
- For overnight stay in cabins you may bring linen or sleeping bags (cabins are equipped with duvets and pillows).
For activities in general:
- Good solid clothes. Most activities take place outdoors, also the social activities.
- Wool underwear or special underwear, thin wool socks to for use under wet suit.
- Extra underwear as change during mountain hikes.
- Extra sneakers/sports shoes for canyoning.
- Small backpack and thermos for mountain hikes.
- Solid hiking shoes.
- During spring and autumn we recommend bringing mittens, warm cap and a solid outdoor jacket.
- Warm socks, thick and thin.
- Swimwear and towel.
Nice-to-haves on afternoons and evenings:
- Some extra food, i.e. instant soups, instant cocoa etc. We have hot water available.
- Dry food, “knekkebread”, tube cheese or other spread. There is a fridge in the cabins.
- Some games, playing cards or similar for entertainment in the evenings.
- Cash pocket money. There is a kiosk on site.
Use your common sense, and don't hesitate to send us an e-mail if you have questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
NICE TO KNOW
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner served by order.
- Guests have access to a common basic kitchen with cooking facilities and micro-wave.
- Free Wi-Fi covering most parts of the premises.
- BBQ equipment to borrow.
- There are fridges in the cabins.
- There's a very basic kiosk on the premises.
- We're licensed to serve beer and wine.
- Access to common sanitary facilities with WC and free showers.
- Camping with access to electricity for both caravan, car and tent.
- Great areas for fishing and swimming nearby.
- Football field and large green outdoor area on the premises.
- Access to rent hot-tub and sauna by appointment.
- Access to first-aid equipment if needed.
Sjoa Rafting Center has a liability insurance covering accidents and damage that we as operator are responsible for. The insurance covers such liabilities up to NOK 10.000.000,-.
Most insurance companies offer travel insurance covering our activities. As a participant you should check your travel insurance. If requested we can offer insurance through Gjensidige Otta. To be able to obtain insurance for participants we will require full name and birth number of participants.